Leopard 125 I & II
Franklin Kart Supply - 262.814.5400
Kartlift - 877.777.8020
Age: 15+ years old
Rules: CIK body work 4 pc required, Parilla Leopard only, WKA TaG engine tech
Tires: Bridgestone YLC 450 front and 710 rear
Weight: 365 lbs
Flex: Solid or flex pipes. Remote starters are allowed without penalty. The starter, battery, and accompanying parts must remain in place. * Runs for one points championship
Friends of the Series
- Thayne Chapin Racing
- Schwanbeck Racing
- Spike Kohlbecker Racing
- UMW Motor Werks
Route 66 Sprint Series Misc Rules & Regulations
- New for 2013 - The Route 66 Sprint Series will have a tire rule for the weekend. All classes with the exception of Leopard 125 I & II are allowed one new set of tires for qualifying on Saturday and must race the tires for the weekend. Leopard is allowed a new set of tires per day. In rain conditions you must run the Bridgestone YLP tires,
- 22 bonus points will be added to all racers who participate in all 5 races.
- 4 out of 5 races will count toward year-end points with a minimum of 4 races to qualify.
- There must be an average of 5 entries per event to be eligible for year-end awards! Low participation classes will not recieved year end awards and will be dropped.
- For the 2013 season we will be running Sunoco standard 110 octane. We will have two spec oils. Burris & Red Line. With Burris you're allowed to run 8 ounces of Burris Caster, 8 ounces of Burris Blend or 4 ounces of each. With Red Line you're allowed to run 8 ounces.
- Qualifying order will be based on your practice times. Please have your transponder charged and on your kart for the weekend.
- All classes based on Manufacturer's Cup rules except the Yamaha Junior, Senior and Masters will use the RLV #7548 SSX can. Subject to change based on participation!
- The TAG I & II allows solid or flex pipes. Remote starters are allowed without penalty. The starter, battery, and accompanying parts must remain in place
- Seats - No lay down seats are allowed. You must use a conventional Sprint Seat per WKA rules. In the 2011 WKA Tech Manual Page TM37 we do not allow seats like in figure 360.4.4.
- Yamaha Blowdown Rules - minimum of .380" & a maximum .410" as measured with the LAD tool.
- Parilla Leopard Rules:
Transfer Check: minimum blowdown .395, maximum .405 (transfers checked with L.A.D. tool)
To Check Transfer Blowdown: subtract highest exhaust port height from highest transfer port using L.A.D. tool Boost Check: minimum blowdown .235, maximum .265 (exhaust checked with L.A.D. tool, boost port checked with controlling edge of ring) To Check Boost Blowdown: from top-dead-center, rotate piston past boost port opening .100, rotate back up until controlling edge of ring closes port and subtract highest boost height from highest exhaust port height.