New for 2024, the Route 66 Sprint Series is excited to host the inaugural Route 66 Sim Championship! Held on iRacing, the world’s premier motorsport racing simulation, the Route 66 Sim Championship has a four round season visiting some of the most iconic venues in American and world motorsport. The series utilizes one of the most iconic cars on the iRacing service, the Dallara F317, which provides a perfect platform for drivers to have close wheel-to-wheel battles, while also having to push themselves to extract the most out of the Dallara F317’s unique driving style, that many consider is similar to driving a kart.
The Route 66 Sim Championship utilizes a race format not too dissimilar to the one found in the Route 66 Sprint Series. Race sessions start with a 40 minute practice session, that leads into a 20 minute open qualifying session which determines the starting order for the roughly 15 minute Prefinal. Where drivers finish in the Prefinal is where they will roll off for the Final, which is scheduled to be around 25 minutes. The points format for Qualifying, Prefinal and the Final is the exact points scheme used for the Route 66 Sprint Series.
Drivers aren’t just racing for bragging rights though. The winner of each Final will receive a set of the new for 2024, MG Red SH2’s, with the overall points champion receiving a yet to be announced price at the end of the Route 66 Sim Championship season.
2024 Route 66 Sim Championship Schedule
- Round 1, January 25: Indianapolis Motor Speedway – Road Course
- Round 2, February 22: Road Atlanta (Driver Vote)
- Round 3, March 28: Daytona – Road Course (Driver Vote)
- Round 4, April 11: Road America
For more information on the 2024 Route 66 Sim Championship, Click Here to join our Discord server, so you can stay up to date on everything Sim Championship related! (#sim-championship channel)
* Drivers must have a D Class Road license or higher, with 1300 or higher iRating and 2.80 or higher Safety Rating. However, drivers that do not meet minimum iRating and Safety Rating requirements may be reviewed by series admins in special cases.
* Awards are non-negotiable, non-transferable, and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. All awards must be redeemed at Route 66 Sprint Series 2024 New Castle Motorsport Park Event and must be claimed in person. Route 66 Sprint Series, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute award of equal or greater value.